Monday 4 January 2010

Back to School

The Christmas decorations are down and suddenly the house looks bigger and cleaner. I miss their sparkle, but I'm enjoying the space created by their absence. In fact, it reminds me of a book on my son’s bookshelf “A Squash and a Squeeze”. It’s the one where the old lady complains her house is too small and is told to invite a variety of farm animals to live with her. When they all leave, her house seems massive. There must be a moral in there somewhere.

It is the time of year for New Year’s resolutions but I didn’t specifically make any this year. I am trying to improve things all the time these days and my 1-20 monthly wish list is fine for me. ‘Doing more of the same’ could summarise my desire for the year. I think I’ll add to this ‘doing more things outside of my comfort zone’ as I have become a bit of a scardy cat when it comes to travelling and adventurous holidays.

My perspectives are changing. I would have loved deep snow during the holiday period, as it would have meant lots of play with my son. However, I now find myself dreading it on the weather forecast, as it would complicate the school run. Back to routines tomorrow. Setting the alarm, ironing school uniform and cleaning always muddy school shoes. Still it will mean more time for me and writing. 2010 feels like it could be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment