Friday 22 April 2011

Eating Praying and Loving

A friend and I (@EllieSwoop) watched the film Eat, Pray, Love, based on Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoir, for the second time on Wednesday evening. We were reflecting on how you see different things in a film depending on your mood and state of mind. When we first saw this film I was worried that it would not be as good as the book. I need not have worried, it is very good, apart from my mental image of Philippe was not like the actor cast.

If you haven’t read the book, again called Eat, Pray, Love, then I would highly recommend it. Having read the work three times and gained something different from it each time, it has to go down as one of my all-time favourites.

Ellie and I were also quite excited to discover a video by Elizabeth Gilbert which can be found http://bit.ly/3puL3k. This is well worth watching, particularly if you are a writer. Elizabeth is as charismatic in person as in her books. Here she is talking about how to nurture and handle creativity and how creative ideas seem to arrive from nowhere.

I often have this experience when I feel stories and poems have been downloaded to my brain. Do you? Let me know what you think of the video.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I made time to watch the video. Great stuff. Very inspiring, and a nice piece of advice.

    I haven't seen or read Eat, Pray, Love. Is it fiction or non-fiction? May have to add to my 'to-read' pile. Thank you for sharing.

    Yeah, it is weird how things enter you head at the most strangest of times. Some get written down, some are just not conveniently provided. I like the idea of having a genie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa,
    It has to go down as an all time favourite as you see something different every time. I didn't enjoy the sequel as much, but then that was what she was talking about on the video. Just thought it was worth pointing out to writers. MX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the book and the film - and that was a good video too. Thanks for htat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Flowerpot,
    I wanted to spread the word about the video as I found it so inspirational. It is lovely to see Elizabeth Gilbert after loving her book so much. Hope your genie helps you write a best seller. Mx

    ReplyDelete